Presented by the Texas Affiliation of Affordable Housing Providers (TAAHP), The Texas Housing Conference is the premier event where influential affordable housing industry professionals come together to listen, learn and connect with their peers.
- Collaborate with hundreds affordable housing professionals from around the country over the course of two segments - a Virtual segment in July 2020 followed by a Virtual segment October 5-7.
- Learn from renowned industry experts during the workshops, panel sessions and keynotes.
- Network with decision makers from around the nation and explore the latest innovations and services in our industry in the virtual exhibit hall.
- Join industry partners as they convene to negotiate deals and explore the latest strategies in affordable housing.
October VIRTUAL Segment
Monday, October 5th
Webinar 1: 8:30 am-11:00 am
How HUD Financing Benefits Affordable Housing
- Eviction moratorium
- Disaster/pandemic preparedness
- Safety standards for residents and guests - COVID-19
- How are PPP, EIDL loans and other relief funds considered for properties under FHA insured mortgages? (pre-approval from HUD, inclusion/exclusion from surplus cash, repayment provisions)
- HUD Q & A to include brief updates on their 221(d)(3), RAD, LIHTC/HUD, etc. programs
Moderator: Susan Wilson, Novogradac & Company, LLP
- Margaret Allen, AGM Financial Services
- Mike Backman, Mason Joseph Company, Inc.
- Don Bernards, Baker Tilley Virchow Krause, LLP
- Monica Sussman, Nixon Peabody
- Deborah VanAmerongen, Nixon Peabody
- Kristin Welch, Davis Penn Mortgage Company
- Tobias J Halliday, U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Affairs (HUD)
Webinar 2: 11:30-12:30 pm
TDHCA Town Hall-Compliance, Underwriting, Placed in Service Opportunities (Challenges)
Moderator: Janine Sisak, DMA Companies
Panelist: TDHCA Executive Director Bobby Wilkinson
Break 12:30 am - 1:30pm: Lunch & Networking with Exhibitors in the Virtual Exhibit Hall (Developer Zoom Rooms from 12:45 pm to 1:15 pm - visit Networking Chat Room to find Developer Zoom Rooms)
Webinar 3: 1:30-2:30 pm
A Look Inside Average Income Set Asides
Moderator: Jean Latsha, Pedcor Investments, LLC
- Patricia Murphy, TDHCA
- Lora Myrick, Housing Lab by BETCO
- Tom Schneider, Dauby, O’Connor & Zaleski, LL
Webinar 4: 3:00-4:00 pm
Why the Upcoming Elections Matter to Affordable Housing
Moderator: Debra Guerrero, the NRP Group
- Bob Moss, CohnReznick, LLP
- JP Delmore, NAHB
Reception: 4:30 pm - 5:30pm: Networking in the Virtual Exhibit Hall (Developer Zoom Rooms 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm- visit Networking Chat Room to find Developer Zoom Rooms)
Tuesday, October 6th
Tuesday KEYNOTE: 8:30 am to 9:30 am
A Look Inside our Crazy Economy with The Bow Tie Economist Elliot Eisenberg, sponsored by JP Morgan Chase Bank
Webinar 5: 10:00am - 11:00am
Deals of the Future: An Inside Look at Debt, Equity, Freddie/Fannie, Bonds
- Moderator: Valerie Williams, Bank of America
- Olivio Ochoa, JP Morgan Chase
- Tim Leonhard, JLL Capital Markets
- Wade Norris, Norris, George & Ostrow, PLLC
- Jay Segel, R4 Capital
Webinar 6: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Moderator: Cynthia Bast, Locke Lord, LLP
- Nathan Kelley, Blazer
- Jeff Kunitz, CBRE Affordable Housing
- George Littlejohn, Novogradac & Company, LLP
BREAK = 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Lunch and Networking with Exhibitors in the Virtual Exhibit Hall.
Webinar 7: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Strategies for Rent Collections in Affordable Housing
- Moderator: Ellie Fanning, Portfolio Resident Services
- Chris Akbari, ITEX
- Meghan Garza, Community Housing Resource Partners
- Diane Kinney, FDI Management Group
Wednesday, October 7th
8:30 am – 9:30 am = Closing Keynote with Richard Rothstein, Author: The Color of Law, How the Government Segregated America
2020 Texas Housing Conference Update
While every effort has been made to host a LIVE version of the 2020 Texas Housing Conference, current requirements do not allow, nor are they anticipated to allow, for large gatherings such as ours. Given our limitations, the TAAHP Board of Directors no longer believes an in-person conference in October is prudent and will instead move forward to present a second virtual event as a follow up to our very successful July virtual conference. We are fortunate to have such a robust system as a foundation for another valuable virtual experience and we are excited to replicate the platform and value in October. We will be working hard in the coming weeks to establish another round of critical educational programming and expanding the networking components at www.TexasHousingConference.org to provide for a more valuable experience.
If you have not already signed up to participate, now is your opportunity. All registrants will have access to both the workshops and panel discussions online from the July event as well as what is to come in October - giving you double the conference benefits for the same price. Thank you for your continued support of the Texas Affiliation of Affordable Housing Providers and the Texas Housing Conference. Be on the lookout for more information soon!
Early-bird registration is available for Full Conference Registration from March 16, 2020 - June 30, 2020 at a discounted rate. After June 30th, general "advanced" registration fees apply. Advanced registration is available until September 30th.
Save on Registration
BECOME A TAAHP MEMBER TODAY!
As a TAAHP member, you'll receive discounts to member events and the Texas Housing Conference, access to industry news, TAAHP's member directory, networking opportunities and so much more!
Become an Sponsor
Sponsorship has its benefits! Sponsoring allows you to effectively promote your company to hundreds of key affordable housing industry professionals.